Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sugar is Evil - Day 3

So suffice it to say I have not been 100% successful at no sugar challenge after just 2 and a quarter days.  Day 1, I forgot I had a make up Rum & Coke taste test for our tasting panel at work.  Which is sad because in any normal day of my life I don't consume either of those two things(thank you college for ruining rum for me).  Day 2, dinner out with a friend...Beer + Bread, general weakness/love of mine :)  We'll assume the bread had no sugar added(right?)  But, I'm not considering this a total failure as I'm pretty happy with the success I've had otherwise and I'm going to push forward.

One part of this challenge, as I mentioned it's done by another blogger at graciouspantry.com, is to substitute 1 meal a day with a nutritional smoothie.  I chose breakfast because, let's face it, a smoothie just is NOT going to cut it for me for an entire meal at any other point of the day.  The first two days were pretty tasty..today..not so much.
Ew

Second best option
Day 1: Smoothie: Banana, Soy Milk, GoodBelly Probiotic Coconut Water, Kale, Bee Pollen
Day 2: 1/2 Banana, Blueberries, Almond Milk, Slice Avocado, Kale, Almond Butter, Bee Pollen, GoodBelly
Day 3: 1/2 Mango, Kale, Slice Avocado, Green Tea, GoodBelly, Flax, Bee Pollen

I think you really need some sort of milk or yogurt to make a morning smoothie any good.  That and really blending up the Kale is essential.  Today there was just way too much chewing involved when drinking my smoothie.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know GoodBelly made probiotic coconut water too. Cool. I love the currant juice of theirs. No chewy smoothies....eeeeesh.

    ReplyDelete