Friday, November 4, 2011

Homely

It's been a crazy week.  One of those weeks where is starts to hurt to look at a computer screen and you're no sure if you have the strength to hold your neck up with the weight of you head.  I've had similar feelings towards the end of a 50+ mile bike ride..so I guess you could say it was a marathon of a week, something like that.

My house is finally starting to shape into a home.  Tonight, as a guy FINALLY installed a new ceiling in my bathroom, I went town on the new TV stand I bought.  I was so focused in on it I couldn't stop, even to partake in beloved food or water.  But now, I am happy to say I have finally unpacked my LAST box.  I did it in under a year (barely).  So I'm pretty proud...
It looks pretty, but I definitely am no craftsman - I had to unscrew and re do multiple parts..  But I'm pretty confident by my next piece of furniture I'll be a pro.

Sugar (less) Sweet Update!
I'm happy to say I've made it clean the last two days.  I even made it through Thursday pub night without indulging in one of these pretty ladies:

Today's breakfast smoothie was definitely my favorite:
1/2 Banana, 1/2 Mango, Almond Butter, small slice Avocado, Soy Milk and unsweetened Cacoa Powder - YUM!

The real test will come this weekend.  I'm heading into the city for Saturday night and Sunday.  The ultimate place on indulgence :).  Of course there are many things to indulge in besides sugar...we'll see..  I'm going in to catch a Dance Festival Performance at the NYC City Center.  It's called Fall for Dance Festival and features performances from different dance theater companies.  Definitely interested to see what it's all about.  While I'm there I'll also get to see a college friend and the NYC Marathon on Sunday morning.  Glad I get that extra hour on Sunday!  Wonder if any runners will forget to change their clocks and show up at the wrong time?

This time of year, getting close to holidays..talking about making my house a home..and seeing this picture go viral on Facebook definitely have me feeling a bit nostalgic for home.  I am finally starting to feel the bitter truth of the approaching winter.  I'm not sure I'm ready for it.  I was counting on this amazing Northeastern Fall - Come on CT, LOOK, AR is stomping your leafy style!  I have one weekend before Thanksgiving that I am reserving for a hiking trip to Vermont(hopefully).  If anyone has any suggestions on places I should go, postem to me!
Home Sweet Home
Stay beautiful my southern friends

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice balmy 60s here today, and should be for the rest of the week. I was expecting more cold, but I'm hoping it will stay this way until I get a chance to finish more knitted goods... Missed you at the birthday brunch! Stay snuggly.

    ReplyDelete