Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Random Thoughts

So, I thought I maybe should start updating this thing more often.  For my own sanity, the interest of my readers(ha!) and in order to truly capture my thoughts.  But hence the title of this post..when I don't plan this thing out (not that I ever have)..rarely does it follow any sort of flow or sense of organization.
I'm reminiscent tonight for many reasons.  One, do you know the smell an old shirt has?  Like one that has seen years of wear?  They all seem to smell the same to me.  Maybe they are all from a certain period of my life where shirts were just made in such a way that gave them a distinct smell..I'm not sure.  But tonight I found an old gem.  A t-shirt my mom gave me when I was younger.  It is a hand me down from her old racquetball days and it's made out of that thin t-shirt material that just sort of lays on you like a light sheet..so soft and almost a little worn.  I remember I used to think this t-shirt was so cool back when I was a tomboy and had no style at all (what was I thinking!?).  I don't remember the last time I wore it but it always smelled the same.  And tonight..I feel a little bit cool too.  Although the shirt is much larger than is fashionably acceptable...and to think I wore it over 10 years ago.
Another reason I'm a little reminiscent is because I was reminded of home and jealous of some gathering friends.  See, I found out that I'll be going to AR once again next week for work.  Which is a blessing and a curse.  I'm finally starting to settle in a bit more (at least with a routine and getting out and involved with my hobbies).  And a week away would disrupt that a little but as I'm being reminded as my excitement grows I love Fayetteville and the people in it.  And I will be glad to see family.  In honor of talking to some friends back home I decided to go enjoy some patio time (something I can't enjoy at my own place because I have a hallway entrance).  So I mooched some porch time at The Gingerman down the street..felt a little odd drinking a beer and reading a book so I decided to look semi social and call my dad.  So all of those things put together and I'm left...reminiscent :)
When I'm not reminiscent I have basically been working and being obsessed with riding my bike.  I've found that CT is VERY bike friendly and there are a number of places and people to ride with.  Amazing given just the great amount of TRAFFIC there is up here.  I guess you are never isolated from it..and I'm starting to learn a few tricks, there is just no avoiding it when it comes to running errands or trying to get places on time..

No comments:

Post a Comment